As with all my tea infused recipes I take a sample to my friend Kathy. If I hear an ummm, then I know I’m the right track.
* 3 tablespoons of our Chamomile Lavender tisane
* 2 stick of butter ( 8 tablespoons when completed will yield about
4 ounces of Chamomile Lavender flavored butter).
* I used Dutch Farms all natural cultured Greek Yogurt Butter which is made
with real traditionally strained Greek Yogurt. (This what I found in the refrigerator).
1 ) Melt cubed butter on low heat in a small saucepan
2) Add the 3 tablespoons of the tisane. Stir for 5 minutes.
3) Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand ( stir occasionally)
for 5 minutes so that the butter is colored by the tea leaves
4) Pour the mixture through a strainer while lightly pressing on the tea leaves. Throw the leaves away. I reused the butter wrapper and lined the top half of the butter dish and then poured the strained butter into the mold. You may use other molds like candy molds
or ice cubes molds to mold your butter.
5) Let the mixture come to room temperature and then use it like regular butter
in what you’re baking or cover and place in the refrigerator to harden.
6) Remove butter from the refrigerator, remove the wrapper and cut the infused butter into cubes and serve.
* I used 3 tablespoons of Chamomile Lavender because I wanted a stronger flavor. I also made this with our Blood Orange tisane, however, I used 2 tablespoons because it has a profound flavor.
* Unsalted butter can be substituted for the Greek Yogurt Butter.